Other FUN Stuff Besides Physics
- Get the latest on the
Richmond Lions Rugby
Club of Richmond
Virginia Rugby Union.
Even in my rapidly declining years I occasionally manage to wander
around the rugby pitch with a bunch of other over-the-hill
paragons of decrepitude like
- Check out the location of my old club,
the Philadelphia-Whitemarsh Rugby Football Club (one of several
I played on as an itinerant physicist)
here or look at a
description of their
1999 National Champion 7's side.
- When I lived in New York I played for
of New York who made it to the Final Four for the National Championship
in 1997, 1998, and 1999 and won the national 7's championship in 2005.
- Pictures from my 20-minute talk at the
1998 Conference on Computational Physics.
- The 1997 CanAm CHAMPIONS at Saranac Lake, NY are
- Visiting the
- Wandering through the
- My brother
His research covers
a slightly different type of natural phenomenon than mine.
- CP studies of physical phenomenon are
- The DUDE-MAN cometh here, here, and
- The clan Gilfoyle-Pattee explores Colorado here,
and other places.
- The 2005 Commonwealth Cup CHAMPIONS in Charlottesville, VA are
- The 2005 CanAm CHAMPIONS at Saranac Lake, NY are
- The clan Gilfoyle-Pattee explores the Great Plains here.
- The Gilfoyle-Pattees explore Maui in the Hawaii Island chain
- The Virginia Cardinals ride again at the Commonwealth Cup 2006
here, here, and
- The clan Gilfoyle-Pattee goes back to the old sod (Ireland, summer 2006) here.
- Garretts celebrates 4-year-old-dom!
- On the road again to
- In the fall of 2007, I was invited to give a talk at HEPMAD07 held in Antananarivo,
- In the summer of 2008, the dad and the Boy go camping in
Arches National Park.
- In the summer of 2008, we all go traipsing through the province of Quebec.
- Scoring (and nearly barfing) at the Savannah Ruggerfest (feb, 2009).
- In the summer of 2009, we climb to the top of Old Rag Mountain in Shenandoah National Park.
- The Virginia Cardinals fight for oxygen at the Aspen RuggerFest, September, 2009.
- All in the name of Science! Pictures from the Fall, 2009 Division of Nuclear Physics meeting are
- During Christmas, 2010 we go exploring Carlsbad Caverns and Guadalupe Mountain National Park.
- The Boy (Garrett), the Brother (Tim), and I go wandering through the Southwest in the summer of 2012 in search of adventure (or at least some good photos).
- Directions to our house are here
along with a map and a picture.
- A map of campus with the Physics Department marked is here along with
directions to campus here.
Physics Department Home Page |
Arts & Sciences Home Page |
My Home Page