Re: richmond cluster

jerry,

I logged in from home and saw that you guys finished making the queues and setting
up the other nodes....good work!!!

I then did the following:

edited /etc/rc.d/rc.local on all the machines so that dqs_execd is launched upon reboot
of the machines

made /data and /scratch world read/writable

increased the maximum number of jobs a user can have queued(running and pending) to 100
 it was 10...

change the priority of the all the pscn_gsim queues to 10 (was 0...highest priority)
this may change....it all depends on how you want to use the machines...

changed the job limit from 4 to 2 per queue since there are two CPUs

Then I mucked around trying to get the celeg-gsim chain working.. but the build on
psc1 /home/clas is rather incomplete....In particular I had to build my own version
of celeg (it built without a problem) but the parms area does not have clasbanks.ddl
but instead a pointer to the location on the CUE machines.

In addition Mike has all the /home/clas stuff under his domain  so I could not
modify it... I think he needs to go into: $CLAS_PACK/bankdefs and execute make
and then copy the clasbanks.ddl in tothe CLAS_PARMS area.

without clasbanks.ddl I can't get anywhere....

Basically, I consider DQS "installed" you now how to add/delete queues so you can modify it
however you like.  If you have any problems on the DQS side give me a ring.

Once there is an established build of all the components needed to run the gsim chain then
I can fine tune my scripts.

There are several other issues that may or may not need consideration:

1) Do you want to eliminate interactive logins on psc2-12???

2) Get the UPS serial line hooked up, I'll forward you information on the
   cable.  I think the straight serial hook up will work but let me check first.

3) how to collect the completed files from the gsim jobs

4) deal with two jobs running simultaneously on one machine.  Presently my
   scripts cannot deal withh this and there is a possibilty that the jobs
   will stomp on each other....

Also, upon departure from gottwald my right front tire was down to 25%...made to
a gas station on grove...pumped it up and we made it back to yorktown...wonder
how full it will be tomorrow morning...

Have a good weekend...

Arne

--
Arne Freyberger
JLAB (Mail Stop 12H)    Phone: (757) 269-6268