Re: Richmond cluster

Greetings,

I am ready to begin the process.  Node 0 (The new secondary master) should
be turned off for now.

Initially, we need the null modem cable plugged in between the master and
node 1. On node 1, it will be the serial port to the left as you face the
back of the node.

Once accomplished, please turn the node on. I am monitoring the serial
console now. If all goes well.

I will verify the configuration based on node 1.

Once the configuration is working, we will rebuild the cluster nodelist.
This is accomplished by bringing the nodes up in node number order and
letting the master detect them. This procedure is only required for the
first boot.

In order to move that process along, I usually power them up in staggered
pairs. As each node comes up, the serial cable is moved to the next node,
and a new node is powered on (to begin it's lengthy memory count.

G'day,
sjames

--
-------------------------steven james, director of research, linux labs
... ........ ..... ....                     230 peachtree st nw ste 701