Slow Network Speed to JLAB

Jerry,

Some time ago your reported slow network speed when transferring files between your research machine and jlab.
At the time I identified two links out on the Internet that were experiencing some congestion.

I have noticed in the last week or two that our Internet2/Abilene connection had been getting some heavy use.
I suspected you might be taking advantage of this resource, and sure enough, the traffic is between Physics and
jlab.

So, I am interested in whether you are experiencing better file transfer rates and also how you were able to take
advantage of Internet2. Did jlab get an I2 connection, or did they allow you to use a different machine on their network
with such a connection.

I'm interested because we have had the I2 connection for some time now, and you are the first faculy member of which I am aware
who has taken advantage of this resource.

Look forward to your response.

Greg Miller
Network Services
University of Richmond