yet another question

Hi Steven,

   The Richmond cluster has been running pretty reliably for
the last couple of weeks so, of course, I have to go and
try something new. The problem is the following.

1. The C++ codes we write for Root are usually 'interpreted'
with a program called CINT. CINT is a convenient interactive
environment, but slow.

2. To speed things you can recompile and link Root with your
own personal routines that should now run about 10 times faster.
This creates a new executable with your own local classes.

3. I have done this on pscm1 and the code compiles and links,
but when I run it on the master I get the following message.
My version of Root is called gpg_linux.

pscm1:root> gpg_linux
gpg_linux: error while loading shared libraries: libGui.so: cannot open

The shared library libGui.so is in the area $ROOTSYS/lib as it is
supposed to be and the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH has
$ROOTSYS/lib in it as prescribed in the Root documentation. This
problem is reminiscent of the problem we had when we could not
run root on the slave nodes because the Root libraries were not
in the standard place. Where is that standard place? Could this
be related? I can run the standard root (in $ROOTSYS/bin) with
not trouble. $ROOTSYS is set to /usr/local/PRO. Any help you
can give would be appreciated.

thanks-in-advance,

jerry

--