Re: FW: CLAS sofware at UR: MYSQL

We want both the client and the server installed on the new cluster.
The client allows us to use the JLAB database. However this might be slow
due to network traffic or JLAB database even broke down couple of times
unable to handle the numerous requests. Then it's better to have a mirror
at UR and for that we need the client. Once MySQL is installed and Mark
Ito established the new mirroing scheme (he is working on changes right
now) I will create a new database mirror in UR cluster.

Luminita Todor
postdoctoral research associate
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
research site - Thomas Jefferson National Facility / Hall B
tel. 757-269-5538