Re: CLAS sofware at UR: MYSQL?

Hi Luminita,

Over a year ago Francisco set up psc1 as a mysql server and installed
caldb. I'm sure it hasn't been updated since Francisco left. There's
an environment variable that points to the cladb server and the default
is the one at JLab (see Mark Ito's caldb document). We were able to
run recsis using either the caldb at JLab or the local one. I don't know the
details about maintaining the mysql database. We need to check with
Francisco about that. I don't think we'll be cooking any real data, but
I guess we may need caldb to cook simulated data. So perhaps we should
consider updating the local database or make sure we can still 'see' the
JLab database.

I hope this helps.

Mike

Luminita Todor wrote:

Today I started to install release-4-4 of CLAS sofware on
pscm1. I checked out the software in my account and copy
the sources in
/usr/old-home/clas/builds/release-4-4
(to be side-by-side with the previous releases)

I tried to build and I run into some errors in caldb
related to absence of some mysql header.
calib_connect.c:10:19: mysql.h: No such file or directory
At JLAB I have included in the PATH
MYSQL_INCLUDE_PATH=/group/clas/mysql/LinuxRH7/include
MYSQL_LIB_PATH=/group/clas/mysql/LinuxRH6/lib
MYSQL_INCLUDE=/apps/mysql/include/mysql
MYSQL_LIBS=/apps/mysql/lib/mysql

Here comes the question:
Is NOW mysql installed in UR cluster? Where? How/which related variables
were set? It might as well be that you avoid the MySQL

There are some other minor problems - I think Mark Ito will help me clear
them soon. So I'm working on it.

Luminita Todor
postdoctoral research associate
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
research site - Thomas Jefferson National Facility / Hall B
tel. 757-269-5538

--
Michael F. Vineyard                     Phone: (518) 388-8353
Department of Physics                   Fax:   (518) 388-6947