Re: [Fwd: Scientific Computing news -- August 9, 2002 (fwd)]

hi sasko,

   my responses are below.

"Stefanovski, Sasko" wrote:

> Dr. Gilfoyle,
>
> What is your feedback from the new version of gcc and gdb.
> Have you experienced any problem?

none so far. i've been using gcc and gdb both without any problem.

> Beside administering the beowulf cluster, you said that I'll administer some
> scientific workstations too, and the old cluster also.
> Could you send me a list with the names of these workstations, and some
> account info, so I would be able to login and check/update them
> periodically.

the master for the old cluster is psc1 and has the same password as
the new cluster i believe. there is a set of workstations in my lab
adjacent to the cluster. those machines are physxcd, gpg1, and mfv1.
these have a different password. i will be in town next wednesday.
i think it would be useful to meet and discuss some things and i can
give you the password at that time. i would like to talk about the
possibility of getting some new machines and adding them to the
cluster. we would use the racks from the old cluster which would
mean at least starting to dismantle the old cluster. what would be
a good time to meet?

let me know what you think.

jerry