NSF - MRI Grant -- Press Release Information (please reply ASAP)

Dr. Vineyard and Dr. Gilfoyle,

Hello, I am a student assistant in the office of public relations here on
campus.  Brian Eckert is working on a press release involving both of the
equipment grants given to our science departments from the National Science
Foundation.  He has asked me to find out the information that he does not have
already, so he may complete the release to send out on Monday.  Please reply
at your first convenience and I will see that he receives the information
promptly.

Please help shed light on the following or let me know who I should talk to:

The cluster of computers to support the electromagnetic nuclear physics
research will be involved in what specific research?  How will they be used?

What will the conclusions of the research be applicable to in the "real
world"?  (What would it mean to non-scientists?)

Also, is the research conducted with these computers related to the High Field
NMR Spectrometer awarded to the chemistry department?

Thank you very much for your time!  I look forward to hearing from you and
passing on the information to Mr. Eckert!

Sincerely,
Kelly Gyenes
Student Assistant
Public Relations Office