Re: Infrastructure Support for the Computer Upgrade

Hi George,

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I was out of town last week and the
you-know-what's hit the fan since I got back.

When do you want to get together to review the proposal(s)? I can do it tomorrow
(Thursday) morning or MWF morning of next week.

Mike

"Souleret, George" wrote:

I would like to review the proposal(s) given you regarding the UPS system
for the computer racks.  My preference is that a 3 phase UPS be used to
better balance the loads on our transformers and panels.   I have a UPS
proposal with approximately 30 minutes of battery backup if your vendor has
trouble with this.  (Approximately $26,250)

I have estimated the air-conditioning and power needs based on the rough
estimates of heat loads and power usages you gave me.  The A/C will be for
only the two rooms (servers and personnel) and has the condenser on the
roof.  These are very rough for now but should be good budgets:  $21,000.00
for A/C and 3 phase subfeed panel and wiring in UPS (provided separately),
plus roof penetration.

As you get closer to a decision, I would like to review the specification
sheets to confirm previous loads.

--
Michael F. Vineyard                     Phone: (804) 289-8257
Department of Physics                   Fax:   (804) 289-8482