ssh

All the machines have ssh version 2 installed.  I upgraded ssh1 on psc1 from
1.27 to 1.30 (i forgot to do this on the grv's, so they are at 1.26, i'll
fix that later).  Anyways, I suggest the use of ssh2 on all machines,
Xforwarding is denied on all ssh1d, but not ssh2d.

The reason why I prefer ssh2 over openssh is because of sftp.  There is more
configuration involved if you want ssh1 and ssh2 as opposed to just
installing openssh, but I think it's worth it.

Anyways, I used the following to allow the use of tcp-wrappers (disabled by
default on all versions) and to explicitly deny rsh:

"./configure --with-libwrap --without-rsh"

Thus, use tarballs and not rpms if you want tcp-wrapper support.
Also add:
"/usr/local/sbin/sshd" to your "rc.local" file if your system does not add a
link (do this AFTER you install it and check that there is not link)

Have a good weekend.

Francisco Chinchilla