Re: RAID woes

Hi Francisco,

I have no idea what's going on. You can try rebooting. If that doesn't work you
should call raidzone and talk to them. Also, we need to get a windows or mac
machine on the switch so that we can use the web interface to review the
setup. Maybe something is just not set right.

Mike

Francisco Chinchilla wrote:

> Dr Vineyard, you are the one with the most experience with the NAS.  Is there
> any reason you can think of that explains why you cannot write to it faster
> than say...100kb/s?  I tried ftp and nfs from psc1 and psc5 and psc12 and got
> no more than 95 kb/s.  I switched cables, no.  I switched cables and hooked it
> up to where psc12 is hooked up on the catalyst switch to see if maybe jack #13
> was not working and that was not it either.  I even set up a monitor,
> keyboard, etc and copied a file from
> /home/common/e1b to /home/common and that did not work any better.
> I then tried reading files from the NAS and copying them over to psc1 and that
> worked fine, I got good speeds.  It seems as if the NAS is not willing to
> write to the disk at all, and that I have no idea why.  Do you have any ideas
> or suggestions?
>
> Francisco Chinchilla
begin:vcard
n:Vineyard;Michael F.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.science.richmond.edu/~vineyard
org:University of Richmond;Department of Physics
version:2.1
email;internet:mvineyar@richmond.edu
title:Associate Professor
x-mozilla-cpt:;13920