RAID woes

Dr Vineyard, you are the one with the most experience with the NAS.  Is there
any reason you can think of that explains why you cannot write to it faster
than say...100kb/s?  I tried ftp and nfs from psc1 and psc5 and psc12 and got
no more than 95 kb/s.  I switched cables, no.  I switched cables and hooked it
up to where psc12 is hooked up on the catalyst switch to see if maybe jack #13
was not working and that was not it either.  I even set up a monitor,
keyboard, etc and copied a file from
/home/common/e1b to /home/common and that did not work any better.
I then tried reading files from the NAS and copying them over to psc1 and that
worked fine, I got good speeds.  It seems as if the NAS is not willing to
write to the disk at all, and that I have no idea why.  Do you have any ideas
or suggestions?

Francisco Chinchilla