Re: linux cluster

Hi,

We don't have a separate /home since home directories are NIS served
from the file servers.  For our farm machines /usr/local is not separate
from /usr.

Ian

gilfoyle wrote:

> hi ian,
>
>    pony computer is getting our order ready and had some
> questions about partitioning of the two 18-gbyte disks on
> each node.
>
> they proposed the following
>
> sda:
>
> swap =  256MB
> /  = 500MB
> /usr = 3000mb
> /var = the rest
>
> sdb:
>
> /data =  18GB
>
> this looks reasonable to us, but we were wondering if it's useful
> for machines in a cluster to have a /usr/local partition and/or
> a /home partition? how are the machines at jlab set up?
>
> thanks-in-advance,
>
> jerry
>
> --
> Dr. Gerard P. Gilfoyle
> Physics Department                e-mail: ggilfoyl@richmond.edu
> University of Richmond, VA 23173  phone:  804-289-8255
> USA                               fax:    804-289-8482
begin:vcard
n:Bird;Ian
tel;fax:757-269-6248
tel;work:757-269-7514
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility
version:2.1
email;internet:Ian.Bird@jlab.org
title:Head - Computer Center
adr;quoted-printable:;;12000 Jefferson Avenue=0D=0AMS16A;Newport News;VA;23606;USA
fn:Ian Bird
end:vcard