Re: plans for next year

Hi Dr. G

Good to hear from you. I'll definitely check with Vikash regarding his
plans and availability for the summer and beyond and get back to you asap.
I am hoping he is knows C++ since he only recently must have taken CS301
that requires it.

As for myself, my C++ is really rusty since I havn't done any programming
for the last couple of years....all my CS classes have pretty much been
theoretically based or involved working on databases/DBMS. Also, I worked
on root for a limited period of time during my summer stint 2 years back.
I could try to refresh myself on it, though I am not too sure how much I'd
be able to accomplish over the limited period we have during winter break.

Are we still planning on moving the old cluster over winter break? I also
recall mentioning that we need to research into replacing the old cluster
boxes with new ones this coming summer.....I havn't really touched the
linux boxes since early on in the semester and I suspect upgrades and
application of security patches are needed ....

I am really sorry for not being of much help during the semester....last
four months have been nothing short of gruesome...cant wait to be done...

hope to talk to you soon

-Adnan

Adnan Iqbal
UR Box 0581