Motif

Dear Gerry & Mike,

Today I met Sasko and we installed/uninstalled Motif to compile
all CLAS software on pscm1. To start with on the Linux trio
we have RedHat7.3 with OpenMotif; the debuger ddd is linked of
one of Motif library and asks for version 3 - while we had/need only
2 to have CLAS software compiled. We backed up everything there.
We went to pscm1. There the OS is Linux RedHat 7.2 and was installed
lesstif (another Motif version). Again ddd had dependence of a Motif
library, so forced us to uninstall ddd to be able to uninstall lesstif.
With the Motif 2.1.10 installed- the CD was in the terminal room -
gsim_int linked without problems. We lost ddd on pscm1; however I guess
debugging can be done on the other Linux machines and only final code
recompiled for the cluster. These being done and written I think I
finished the CLAS software upgrade together with database replication on
UR cluster. For sure later reinterations of the process will be easier and
faster.
Happy New Year to you and your families.

Luminita Todor
postdoctoral research associate
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA
research site - Thomas Jefferson National Facility / Hall B
tel. 757-269-5538