Richmond cluster is upgraded

hi folks,

status of the cluster:

1. we successfully completed the upgrade of the cluster to RH 7.2 and
Nimbus this afternoon. thanks go to steven james at linux labs and
sasko.

2. all of the previous user files were successfully restored in
/usr/old-home. you can copy over the files to your new area.

3. right now users log into the /home/your_name directory. however,
the partition that holds the /home area is too small (only about 500
MB) so i will make a symbolic link from /home to /usr/home and keep
the user directories there. if anyone has other ideas, let me know.
i'll do this tuesday morning.

4. i've added the following user accounts: vineyard, luminita,
gilfoyle, and arayner. i've given everyone a temporary password. just
call me at 804-289-8284 or 804-289-8784 to get the password or leave a
message telling where and when i can call you.

5. i've modified the TCL wrappers configuration files. actually, i
just copied over the files from psc1 and changed them. you will have
to modify your .ssh/known_hosts file. you need to eliminate any
references to pscm1.

6. just for your information, you still log into pscm1, but this
machine is actually the old secondary. the machines were switched to
make the upgrade go more smoothly.

7. we still have to install software. i was planning on getting root,
PAW, and cernlib in place on tuesday.

8. luminita, do we have to rebuild the clas software? if so, can you
do it and tell us where everything is located.

9. what over software do we need on the cluster?

10. i hope to unleash the cluster late tuesday after i get root
installed to see if we can really run this baby to the max.

later,

jerry

--
Dr. Gerard P. Gilfoyle