Re: fixing the Richmond cluster

Greetings,

I pulled up records, and I think there may be some confusion. You are not
required to pay $5000 for a Nimbus upgrade. As you are still within your
support time, the upgrade is free. The price given to Mike was for a new
install on a new cluster.

The procedure would be for someone on your side to make backups and
install RedHat 7.2 with specified options on the master, and make it
available on the net. I will transfer the RPMs for the Nimbus system over,
and perform the installation and configuration.

You still have the option of a re-compile of your current kernel with the
process limit increased if you prefer. IMHO, you will like the new
features of Nimbus (that would, of course, have nothing to do with the
fact that I built Nimbus :-)

G'day,
sjames