stuff on the cluster

yo,

   the linux IS person, sasko stefanovski, has proposed some
changes for the cluster. the main one he wants to implement
now is to turn off all services to outside users except
ssh and sftp. i don't think we are using anything outside
these two so unless you disagree i will tell him to do that.
the IS folks would also like to put the cluster behind a
firewall because pscm1 uses an 'old' operating system. we
have to think about this first and consult with linux labs.
we also have to worry about transfer rates with a
firewall in place. this won't happen for a while. how are
things going?

later

jerry

--