Re: RAID woes

Hi Francisco,

Last summer, before we got the RAID, I got typical speeds of 700 kBytes/s when
copying from jlab to psc1. The best I ever got to pscr1 was ~100 kBytes/s, but
I always assumed that pscr1 was not
the problem. I think you should call raidzone and see what they have to say
about the problem. Like I said before, because of the problem with the web
interface, the way we have pacr1 set up may not be optimum.

Mike

Francisco Chinchilla wrote:

> I shut it down and rebooted at least twice when I was changing cables so it
> looks like I will call RAIDZONE cuz from psc? to psc? I always got at least
> 9Mbits so it is not the switch.  Do you remember the speeds you got before
> when copying stuff from psc1 to pscr1 or did you always copy straight from
> jlab to pscr1?
>
> Francisco Chinchilla
begin:vcard
n:Vineyard;Michael F.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:www.science.richmond.edu/~vineyard
org:University of Richmond;Department of Physics
version:2.1
email;internet:mvineyar@richmond.edu
title:Associate Professor
x-mozilla-cpt:;13920