Re: automounter

jerry,

Sorry for the delayed response, we were at the beach getting
hammered by the weather...I think you have run up against the
ever changing why Linux does things.  There are now TWO automount
applications (amd and autofs).  Your cluster was originally set up
with the amd deamon.  The configuration files that you mentioned
have to do with the "new" way "autofs" that is built into the
kernel.

I have not yet figured out how to make autofs look as tranparent
as amd for NFS mounts.  But...autofs is better than amd...however...
to get you back:

A) is the "amd" deamon runnning??  ps ax | grep amd
B) try /etc/rc.d/init.d/amd stop
       /etc/rc.d/init.d/amd start
       ps ax | grep amd
     then try to cd to NFS volumes

if that doesn't work try rebuilding the kernel with AUTOFS disabled....

Good luck,
Arne