Re: [sales] modified quote and some questions

Dr. Gilfoyle,

I will be faxing a revised quote shortly.  Some preliminary answers to
your questions:

> 1. How many SPECINTS is each machine? Is that performance
> rating for each processor or for both?

Unfortunately, we have not b'marked the 2x450's.  i do have some numbers
for a dual 400 though:

specint_rate  214
specfp_rate    98.4

> 2. How many FLOPS is each machine?

Preliminary numbers from a customer who has set up a similar config have
been ~30 MegaFLOPS.  These tests have not been run internally.

>    I have one question about the quote (981027-T2).
>
> 1. Is the KVM switch the device that allows us to change the
> computer the monitor is attached to?

Yes

>    I have some requests for a new, modified quote.
>
> 1. We will probably have one monitor permanently attached to
> a central node and two monitors attached to the two switches.
> Hence, we need three monitors not just one as listed in the
> original quote.
>
> 2. We would like those monitors to be 20" ones.
>
> 3. If you have a form of extended warranty or maintenance we
> would like to include it in this new quote.

We have extended warranties available.  Depending on the hardware
configuration, we can offer a rate for 2 extra years in addition to the
one you get with the system purchase.  I'll also include this in the
revised quote.

Best Regards,

Tim

--